Satisfaction Guaranteed Return Policy
We want you to be satisfied with your purchases. Our “Satisfaction Guaranteed” return policy means we will either issue a refund or make an equitable price adjustment when merchandise doesn’t live up to your expectations. (See guidelines below)
Your NEX understands the importance of hassle-free returns and pledges to make the process as smooth as possible. Please remember to save your receipt, cartons, packing materials and any enclosed manuals.
Merchandise purchased at a NEX or from myNavyExchange.com can be returned to any NEX store within 45 days of purchase for a refund or even exchange. Diamond jewelry returns may be subject to an IGI appraisal prior to issuing a refund. Exceptions to the 45 day NEX Customer Return Policy are pre-paid cards, music, phone and gift cards, which are not returnable. Pre-recorded movies, music, video games, and computer software are returnable in original unopened factory sealed packaging within 45 days. If defective, they may be exchanged for an identical item.
The refund will be processed in the same payment form as the original purchase. A return without a receipt will be issued on an NEX Gift Card at the item’s current NEX price. Refunds made without a receipt can only be made at the NEX’s Customer Service desk.
NEX Low Price Promise Price Matching Policy
The NEX is committed to offering its customers low prices every day. If you happen to find a lower price in a local competitor’s store, ad, or on certain major online sites (see below for qualifying sites), we’ll match the price! Some exclusions apply.
Local Store Price Matching (with or without ad)
The NEX will match the regular, every day shelf price or advertised price in a local competitor’s current ad.
- If the difference is $10 or less, the price will be matched on the spot. No competitor’s ad or other proof is required.
- If the price of the item is lower by more than $10, the price must be verified by a NEX associate or supervisor.
- An advertised price may be presented to the NEX in the form of a printed ad or displayed on a mobile marketing device such as a tablet computer or smartphone.
- Photographs (digital or otherwise) of an item price taken with a cell or smartphone do not qualify as an ad
Online Competitor Price Matching
The NEX will match the price on the online sites of Walmart.com, Target.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com only. Prices of third parties doing business on these websites will not be matched.
- If you see a lower price on one of the online sites listed above and the price difference is $10 or less, the price will be matched on the spot. No proof is required.
- If you see a lower price on one of the online sites listed above and the price difference is more than $10, the price must be verified by a NEX associate or supervisor.
The qualifying competitive online price may be presented on a mobile device such as a tablet computer or smart phone. Freight charges (standard shipping rates and any surcharges, if applicable) will not be added to the competitor’s price for matching. Printed copies of a web site are not acceptable.
Price Match General Guidelines
- The item must be the identical brand name, size, weight, color, quantity/contents, and model number.
- Competitor’s online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
- Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
- Retail price must be shown on the competitor website or print ad. Prices may be validated by a NEX associate.
- “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be shipped and sold by Walmart.com, Target.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be matched.
- Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- The NEX will match a competitor’s in-store instant rebate amount with the purchase of an identical item from the NEX.
- The NEX will match a competitors’ promotion of a free gift card or financial gift card with the purchase of an item if the identical item is available for purchase from the NEX.
- The NEX matches competitive buy one/get one offers on identical items carried by the NEX. Regular or sale price must be shown in the competitive offer. Buy one/get one free offers are handled as a 50% discount on both items; buy one/get one offers at 50% off are handled as a 50% discount on one item only. If the buy one/get one offer includes items at different prices, the discount is applied to the lowest priced item.
- The NEX matches buy one/ get another different item free (or at a discount) offers on identical items carried by the NEX. Price must be shown in competitive offer. The appropriate discount will be applied to the offered free or discounted item.
- The NEX matches “bundle” offers when the NEX carries all identical items in the bundle offer.
- Tobacco product pricing is matched only in local market and state.
- Alcohol products pricing matched only in same state.
- Limit of one price match for items over $50 per customer.
Price Match Exclusions
- NEX will not match the price of another retailer’s item if that item includes a price reduction involving a manufacturer’s or retailer’s mail-in rebate.
- Not valid on competitors’ limited quantities.
- Not valid on double/triple coupons, clearance, refurbished goods, percent/dollar off items, flea market sales, going out of business sales and commissary prices.
- Not available on fine jewelry, automotive parts, automotive labor and service, gasoline, prepaid gift cards or special orders.
- No matching to prices on tobacco at other military, Coast Guard, Veterans Canteen Service or Indian Reservation resale facilities.
Local Retail Competitors
Local retail competitor stores must be located within 20 miles of a NEX store.
Use of Coupons when Price Matching
You can also use coupons when price matching.
- NEX coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor’s price is still lower than the price after the NEX coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.
- Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
- When using both NEX and manufacturer coupons, the NEX coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor’s price is still lower than the price after the NEX coupon has been deducted, the NEX price will be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is determined, a manufacturer coupon will be applied to the new price.
14 Day Price Guarantee
- If you buy a qualifying item at a NEX then find the identical item for less within 14 days in the NEX ad, a local competitor’s ad or at a qualifying on line retailer (Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com), we’ll match the price.
- Bring in your original NEX store receipt and proof of the current lower price as described above.
- Apply for a Price Guarantee adjustment at the NEX Customer Service desk.
- Items for which you have received a lower price under the NEX Price Match Policy may be placed on layaway.
- Items already on layaway also qualify for a price reduction due to a competitor’s lower price or the NEX 14-day price guarantee. You must make the request for the price reduction at the NEX Customer Service desk.
We try to have every advertised item in stock. If out-of-stocks occur, we offer a substitute item at a comparable savings. This excludes limited quantity and special-purchase items. If you do not want the substituted item and the original sale item is still available from the manufacturer, we will place a special order for you at the sale price without a special order fee.
Looking for the perfect gift? How about an NEX Gift Card or e-Gift Card?
Physical NEX Gift Cards:
- Can be purchased and redeemed at any NEX worldwide.
- Can be activated in whole dollar amounts from $5 to $1500 when purchased in stores.
NEX e-Gift Cards:
- Are only available for purchase and redemption online at www.myNavyExchange.com.
- Can be activated in whole dollar amounts from $25 to $500 at www.myNavyExchange.com/giftcards.
Authorized patrons can use the physical NEX Gift Cards to purchase most merchandise and services, make layaway payments or place special orders in store. NEX e-Gift Cards are redeemable online only at www.myNavyExchange.com. NEX Gift Cards and NEX e-Gift Cards cannot be used to make payments on your Military Star Card, purchase money orders or make Western Union transactions. NEX concessionaires are unable to accept the NEX Gift Card or NEX e-Gift Card.
Terms and Conditions:
- Terms and conditions apply to both physical NEX Gift Cards and NEX e-Gift Cards. The terms and conditions are subject to change.
- No expiration date
- No fees
- Not redeemable for cash
- Not a credit or debit card
- NEX is not responsible for lost or stolen cards
- Lost, stolen, or damaged cards replaced only with valid proof of purchase to extent of remaining card balance
- Check your gift card balance at any NEX retail location or online at http://www.myNavyExchange.com/giftcards/browse/e-giftcardBalance.jsp.
Your NEX still provides you the convenience of a layaway plan, which allows you to place merchandise on layaway for a specific period of time.
- A minimum deposit of 10% of the purchase price plus a non-refundable layaway fee is required. Layaway cancellations will incur an additional charge of $5.
- Clothing, Accessories and Shoes - Up to 90 days with three equal payments required 15 days apart.
- Softlines and General Merchandise - Softlines and General merchandise may be put on layaway for 90 days. Equal payments made every 15 days from creation until paid in full will be required.
- Jewelry and Watches - Any single jewelry or watch item over $500 may be put on layaway for 180 days. Equal payments made every 15 days from creation until paid in full will be required.
- Computers, tablets, iPads, monitors, digital cameras, peripheral computer equipment, software and video games are not permitted on layaway.
- Clearance and sale merchandise ending in .94, .96 and .97 are not authorized for layaway.
- Check with your local NEX for other specific details relating to layaway. Some NEXs must limit the type or number of items permitted on layaway due to space constraints.
Exchange Credit Program
The Military Star Card can be used in Navy, Army/Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard exchanges and the All Services Exchange Catalog and Online store.
Customers can apply for the Military Star Card at their local NEX or by calling Exchange Credit Central at 1-877-891-STAR to have an application mailed. Additional Military Star cards can be obtained for authorized users. An authorized user must be a family member of the sponsor and at least 18 years of age with military exchange privileges.
Exchange Credit Central can be reached at:
P.O. Box 650410
Dallas TX 75265-0410
Before you go... Let us know. If you have a compliment, question or concern about your store, please let us know by telling a manager. Or fill out a customer comment card located near customer service. Your NEX management will personally answer your questions or address your concern. Or you can contact us by one of the methods below:
Navy Exchange Service Command
3280 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
CONUS - 1-800-NAV-EXCH (628-3924)
The NEX gladly accepts valid manufacturer’s coupons and NEX coupons for the item featured on the coupon subject to its terms and conditions.
- Conus NEXs, including Pearl Harbor, do not accept manufacturer’s or NEX coupon that has expired. Overseas NEXs, including Guantanamo Bay, can accept expired cents-off manufacturer’s coupons for up to six months past the coupon expiration date. This will allow patrons in overseas locations to utilize short dated and expired coupons that are often forwarded by support groups in the U.S.
- The NEX accepts all NEX generated percent and cents-off coupons. This includes NEX coupons distributed in-store for select products, multi-discount scratch-off cards, NMCRS Benefit Tickets, CFC Benefit Tickets, NEX Facebook coupons, SMS text promotions, and other promotional NEX coupons.
- The NEX accepts scratch-off coupons from the other Military Service Exchanges.
- The NEX accepts a manufacturer’s coupon and NEX coupon, or coupon from another Military Exchange Service, on the same item. The combination of the two coupons cannot exceed the price of the product; money is not returned to a customer on the redemption of two coupons which exceeds the price of the product.
- The NEX accepts on-line Internet coupons with the exception of Internet coupons for “FREE PRODUCTS” and all cents-off Procter and Gamble (P&G) Internet coupons.
- The NEX does not accept any Military Service Exchange coupon for cents off gasoline.
- The NEX does not accept coupons offered by other commercial retailers for use in their own stores.
- The NEX does not “double” or “triple” the face value of a manufacturer’s coupon. Only one manufacturer’s coupon can be applied to a product in the same transaction.
- If the value of the manufacturer’s coupon should exceed the price of the product being purchased, the coupon will be redeemed for the purchase price. In this instance, no cash is given back to the customer; manufacturer’s coupons have no cash value.
- The NEX does not accept a commercial retailer’s instant rebate offer as a redeemable coupon at point-of-sale. In this instance, the NEX would accept the instant rebate offer as a price match challenge and honor the instant rebate.