Smashbox Light It Up Essential Brush Set
$121 value! Want to rival the makeup artists you’re obsessed with online? These precise, multitasking brushes were developed by pros in our L.A. photo studio. Gear up to get flawless application, ultimate blendability and a camera-ready look.
• Foundation brush
• Fan brush
• Crease brush
• Lip brush
• Shader brush
LIGHT IT UP
Smashbox loves to celebrate creativity. This season, we collaborated with California neon artist Meryl Pataky to bring you these limited edition kits featuring our bestsellers in a range of shades—from bold pops of color to chic neutrals. “Light affects how we feel, how we look and how we see the world,” says Pataky. “When I plug in one of my pieces of art, it’s like magic!”
- Foundation Brush #13: For perfection application of liquid foundation, pump a small amount onto brush, then start applying at the center of your face and blending outward. For full matte foundation coverage, wet brush and use it to apply powder foundation to face, then sweep sponge over dry powder and apply where needed.
- Fan Brush #22: For sheer foundation coverage or a finishing powder, swirl brush through powder and dust all over face or only over areas where needed. Use brush to apply even the darkest bronzers or blushes lightly. Swirl through any blush and apply to cheeks using a back and forth motion.
- Crease Brush #10: Use this must-have brush to apply deep or luminous shadows by gradually applying pigment until desired definition is achieved using a back and forth sweeping or circular motion.
- Lip Brush #6: For a long-wearing but natural lip, first apply your favorite lip color with brush. Next, line your lips with a coordinating lip pencil, then use the brush to blend it into the lipstick for a softer edge.
- Shader Brush: For a gorgeous natural flush, swirl through your favorite blush then apply to cheeks using a circular motion, working back towards ears.