Oakley Men's Standard Issue Ballistic M-Frame 3.0 Sunglasses 57mm
Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Tactical Sunglasses quite literally took the 2.0 to the next level. All the best features of the 2.0 remain, but with some key improvements for military and tactical personnel. To better accommodate peripheral gear such as night vision and comms devices, several design enhancements were made. First, the temple stems were thinned out to provide a good seal for over-ear systems, whether with or without a helmet. The Unobtanium sleeves were removed from the stems to further reduce thickness and weight, and the wrap of the frame was increased to assist the frame’s retention without their sleeves.
The rake of the Plutonite lens was increased, bringing the lens closer to the face. To combat the reduced airflow here, an advanced anti-fog coating is also now standard on the 3.0 lens. Its new Argo lens for the 3.0 lens subtly provides more peripheral coverage than did its predecessors. All Ballistic 3.0 lenses are optimized with Oakley’s patented High Definition Optics.
The complete Ballistic M Frame 3.0 unit is a much lighter and trimmer alternative, but still offers all the protection of the 2.0, still exceeding the ballistic fragmentation impact standards of MIL PRF-31013, Clause 184.108.40.206, and the high mass & high velocity impact requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2010. The Z87.1 stamp can be found near the top edge of the lens above the nose bridge, hidden by the brow of the frame.
- M-frame shape
- Black frames
- O Matter frame construction
- Prizm Plutonite lenses
- Argo lens shape with increased scratch resistance, anti-fog, more coverage, and a closer fit
- Compatible with helmets and night-vision devices
- Thin stems lowered to accommodate headsets
- Distortion-free optics via patented Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry that minimizes refraction
- Extended upper/lower/lateral viewing fields via Polaric Ellipsoid geometry
- Lenses block 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light
- Maximized comfort of ultra-lightweight design (1.05 oz total weight)
- Convenience of easy lens replacement with no need for tools