NORTHWEST TERRITORIAL MINT
USN USS Alabama Coin
USS ALABAMA (SSBN 731) is the sixth TRIDENT class nuclear-powered fleet ballistic missile submarine, and the fifth United States ship to bear the name. On 25 May 1985, USS ALABAMA was commissioned at Naval Underwater Systems Center, New London, Connecticut. Vice Admiral B. M. Kauderer, USN, was the Commissioning Officer. Since commissioning, the crews of ALABAMA have been highly decorated for the quality of service and efficiency of performance.
In May 1988, a highly successful Fleet Operational Test Missile firing was conducted, launching two TRIDENT I (C-4) missiles. On 1 September 1988, USS ALABAMA moored at Bangor, Washington, to complete the ship's 9th patrol and the 100th Strategic Deterrent Patrol by a TRIDENT submarine.
- This coin honors the sailors who have served aboard this submarine and salutes their fine service
- Minted in a brass alloy and given an antique finish
- Treated with the bold colors of the ship's seal
- The reverse has space available for personalized engraving
- Size: 1 3/4 inch (44mm) round