NORTHWEST TERRITORIAL MINT
USN Naval Air Station Whiting Field Coin
Carry this unique coin if you received flight training at this unique training base, Naval Air Station Whiting Field, The Busiest Naval Air Station in the World.
Naval Air Station Whiting Field is very distinct, actually two airfields sharing a common support base. With only 6000 feet of runway, the two squadrons utilize the hub as the point of take-off, allowing simultaneous take-offs and landings on the same runway. Primary Flight Training students fly from North Whiting Field, while Advanced Helicopter Training and instrument approaches occur at the South. An amazing 46 percent of the Chief of Naval Air Command’s total flight time and over 10 percent of Navy and Marine Corps total flight time is logged at Whiting Field, where more than 1200 student pilots complete their flight training annually. In addition to training US Navy and Marine Corps pilots, NAS Whiting provides training for US Coast Guard, and Air Force student pilots.
- The Naval Air Station Whiting Field coin reflects the unique nature of the Station
- Brass antique with enamel finish
- Triangular in shape, the obverse features flight wings in a hub-like setting
- The reverse symbolizes the bold air superiority that Naval Aviation has always brought to areas of conflict around the world
- Size: 2 inch x 1 3/4 inch (50mm x 44mm)