NORTHWEST TERRITORIAL MINT
Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling Coin
Joining together Naval Support Facility Anacostia and the Air Force’s Bolling Field, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling supports a multitude of units in the surrounding area. Located in southeast Washington D.C., the base has served a vital historical role in securing American freedoms.
The base oversaw the beginning of the first airmail routes, was home Charles Lindbergh’s “Spirit of St. Louis” on its return from a successful transatlantic crossing, housed Air Force One, and serves as the aerial gateway for the nation’s capital.
- Dedicated to the tireless service of the men and women stationed at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling
- Minted from solid bronze and imbued with bold colored enamel on each side
- The obverse features a depiction of the United States Capitol building
- The reverse displays the emblem of Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, which celebrates the relationship between the United States Navy, the Air Force, and the Capitol
- Size: 1 3/4 inch (44mm) round