Nikon 50mm f/1.8G Auto Focus-S NIKKOR FX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
This updated classic with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday shooting, perfect in low lighting situations and great for producing images with beautiful background blur (Bokeh). The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G includes Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) for fast and precise autofocus, M/A Focus Mode Switch for seamless changes between manual and autofocus operation and an aspherical lens element for outstanding optical performance with high contrast.
- Get astonishing low light results: This lightweight standard lens is a great travel companion because you never know when a beautiful, sunny day will turn cloudy and rainy. With its fast f/1.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G will capture even low-light situations with stunning brilliance.
- Achieve more natural depth of field: Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature, indoors or outdoors, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. And its 50mm focal length is perfect for creating natural perspective in your photographs.
- Shoot tack-sharp portraits every time: Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare, while the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G's Aspherical Lens Element (AS) virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture. Pair that with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, and you can be sure all of your portraits will be tack sharp.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations, rather than a gear system, to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Aspherical Lens: A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
- Super Integrated Coating: Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- Focal Length: 50 mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/ 1.8
- Format: FX/35mm
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 2.8 in. (72.1 mm) x 2.1 in. (52.4 mm)
- Approx. Weight: 6.6 oz. (185 g)
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 31 degrees30'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 47 degrees
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.15 x
- Lens Elements: 7
- Lens Groups: 6
- Compatible Format(s): FX / DX / FX in DX Crop Mode
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Distance Information: Yes
- Aspherical Elements: 1
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48 ft. ( 0.45 m)
- Focus Mode: Auto / Manual / Manual/Auto
- G-type: Yes
- Filter Size: 58 mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on