Amazon Echo (B00X4WHP5E)
Amazon Echo is designed around your voice. It's hands-free and always on. With seven microphones and beam forming technology, Echo can hear you from across the room—even while music is playing. Echo is also an expertly tuned speaker that can fill any room with immersive sound.
Echo connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to provide information, answer questions, play music, read the news, check sports scores or the weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask. Echo begins working as soon as it detects the wake word. You can pick Alexa or Amazon as your wake word.
- Always be heard: Tucked under the light ring on Echo is an array of seven microphones. These sensors use beam forming technology to hear you from any direction. With enhanced noise cancellation, Echo can hear you ask a question even while it's playing music.
- ...just ask: Echo uses on-device keyword spotting to detect the wake word. When Echo detects the wake word, it lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where it leverages the Alexa Voice Service to recognize and respond to your request.
- Ever-evolving: Alexa, the brain behind Echo, is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.
- ...and adding new skills: Amazon is always adding new capabilities to Echo. Recently, they've added local search from Yelp, streaming music from Pandora, audiobooks from Audible, Google Calendar access, live sports scores and schedules, traffic reports, Amazon.com re-ordering, control of connected devices with WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, Wink, and more.
- 360-degree immersive sound: Echo has been fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response. Its dual downward-firing speakers produce 360-degree omni-directional audio to fill the room with immersive sound.
- ...for all of your music: Echo provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Prime Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Plus, Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services like Spotify and iTunes from your phone or tablet.
- Don't lift a finger: Use Echo to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the fan or space heater while reading in your favorite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger...or even raising your voice.
- ...to control your home: Echo works with devices such as lights and switches from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, and Wink. Starter kits are available for easy setup.
- Alexa app: Echo doesn't stop working when you're away from home. With the free companion app on Fire OS, Android, iOS, and desktop browsers, you can easily manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more.
- Dimensions: 9.25" x 3.27" x 3.27" (235 mm x 83.5 mm x 83.5 mm); 26.9 oz. (1045 grams)
- Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Amazon Echo and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices.
- Audio: 2.5 inch woofer and 2.0 inch tweeter
- System Requirements: Amazon Echo comes ready to connect to your home Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser.
- Warranty and Service: 1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year extended warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately.
What's in the Box
- Amazon Echo
- Power adapter/cable (6 ft.)
- Quick start guide