Conservative jewelry is authorized for all personnel and shall be in good taste while in uniform. Eccentricities or faddishness are not permitted. Jewelry shall not present a safety or FOD (Foreign Object Damage) hazard. Jewelry shall be worn within the following guidelines:
- One earring per ear (centered on earlobe) may be worn while in uniform. Earrings shall be 4mm - 6mm ball (approximately 1/8 - 1/4 inch), plain with shiny or brushed matte finish, screw on or with posts. Gold for officers/CPOs, and silver for enlisted personnel. Small single pearl earrings are authorized for wear with Dinner and Formal Dress uniforms.
- While in uniform, only one ring per hand is authorized, plus a wedding/engagement ring set. Rings are not authorized for wear on thumbs.
- While in uniform, only one necklace may be worn and it shall not be visible.
- While in uniform, only one wristwatch and bracelet may be worn. Ankle bracelets are not authorized while in uniform.
All bags/brief cases worn with the uniform must conceal its contents and be either solid black, brown, or white in color to match shoes. There shall be no personal ornamentation attached on or to the bag/brief case.
- While in dress uniform, civilian bags will be hand carried only
- Prescription Glasses: No eccentric / faddish glasses are permitted. Retainer straps are authorized for FOD prevention and safety only. If retainer straps are required, must be plain, black and worn snug against the back of the head.
- Sunglasses: Conservative sunglasses are permitted, except in military formations. Retainer straps are authorized for FOD prevention and safety only. If retainer straps are required, they shall be plain, black and worn snugly against the back of the head.
- Cosmetics may be applied in good taste so that colors blend with natural skin tone and enhance natural features.
- Exaggerated or faddish cosmetic styles are not authorized with the uniform and shall not be worn. Care should be taken to avoid an artificial appearance.
- Lipstick colors shall be conservative and complement the individual. Long false eyelashes shall not be worn when in uniform.
- Fingernails shall not exceed 1/4 inch measured from the fingertip. They shall be kept clean. Nail polish may be worn, but colors shall be conservative and complement the skin tone.
- Uniforms may be tailored to provide a well-fitting, professional military bearing.
- They shall not be altered to the extent of detracting from a military appearance, nor shall they be tailored to the point of presenting a tight form fit.
- Hairstyles and haircuts shall present a professional and balanced appearance.
- Appropriateness of a hairstyle shall be evaluated by its appearance when headgear is worn. All headgear shall fit snugly and comfortably around the largest part of the head without distortion or excessive gaps.
- Hair (including bun) is not to protrude from the opening in the back of the ball cap.